Table of Contents
Shiftgig, Inc. (“Shiftgig”, “we”, “our”) offers a variety of staffing, temporary work, and communication software tools available online, including mobile applications and websites (collectively, the “Services”).
The Services enable our customers to, among other things, schedule, assign, and claim work, send and receive emails and text messages, manage clients and workers, manage your work schedule. We also provide other related services, such as real-time data analytics. Find out more about our Services here.
In Short: In many cases, Shiftgig has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes for customers. If you received access to our product from a company other than us, please contact that company (the data controller) directly to correct, amend, delete or receive a copy of personal data.
Information Provided by You
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords, geolocation information from your mobile device, and payment information.
We collect personal information, such as your name and email address, that you voluntarily provide us when registering, expressing interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on our products or otherwise contacting us. It is your decision to use the Services and, as such, any provision of this personal information is completely voluntary.
We utilize third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to capture and analyze visits and traffic in using the Services. These third-party analytics service providers collect information about your use of the Services, including, without limitation, information about your visit to the site, any referral website, the type of web browser and operating system you are currently using, and your network location and IP address. The information collected by such third-party analytics service providers is anonymous and aggregated. We reserve the right to use this information for any lawful business purpose, including selling or sharing the aggregated and anonymized data collected. We may also use this aggregated and anonymized data to analyze trends or seek third party advertisers.
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and our products, the choices you make and the features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Account and Profile Information. We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences through our Services. For example, you provide your contact information when you register or are registered for our Services.
- Content you provide through our Services. We collect and store content that you post, send, receive and share. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include.
Information Collected Automatically & Through Our Services
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We may automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information is non-personal and does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, browsing history on the Services, the length of time spent on certain pages, Internet service provider, date/time of visit information, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
We may also collect personal information about you for other purposes from time-to-time, or as permitted or required by law. We will always identify any additional purpose prior to or at the time of collection.
In Short: We use the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve our Services, such as to administer your account and to provide you with insights to help you optimize your use of our platform.
We may also use the non-personal information we collect to:
- Evaluate and improve our Services, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities.
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles.
We process your personal information for our legitimate business interests and/or where we have your consent. We will use the personal information to:
- To enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- respond to your inquiries or requests; and
- otherwise communicate with you.
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data, including personal information, in the following situations:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, government requests, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order of a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- Employment Opportunities: With your consent, we may disclose your personal information to our customers to enable you to access employment opportunities provided by our customers. You can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time.
We may also share non-personal information with select third parties, such as our advertisers, for purposes of serving you with customized promotions. If you would like to learn more about the sharing of non-personal information for purposes of providing customized advertisements or promotions, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small files that are sent to and stored in your computer by the websites you visit. Cookies are stored in your browser’s file directory. Cookies may be stored only for the time you are in a given site or they may remain stored in your browser for a defined period of time beyond your current session. Cookies work in combination with content within the website itself, to capture and remember information. To learn more about these technologies and how they work, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can review the options available to manage cookies in your browser. One option is to disable, or turn-off, all cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not be able to browse or use the Services. If you disable certain kinds of cookies, some aspects of our Services may not function properly or as well.
Retaining Your Information
If you no longer want Shiftgig to use your information to provide the products and services to you, you may cancel your account. Shiftgig will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your information to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws), resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We also retain log files for internal analysis purposes. These log files are generally retained for a limited period of time, except in cases where they are used for the safety and security of the Services, to improve the functionality of the Services or we are legally obligated to retain them for longer time periods.
Safety of Your Information
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
No data transmission over the Internet or website can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information in accordance with data protection legislative requirements.
All information you provide to us is stored on our or our subcontractors’ secure servers and accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us using the contact information provided.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubcribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may access your account settings and update preferences.
In Short: You understand and agree that your information is handled within the United States.
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 18 years old. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. If we discover that we have information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete it immediately. If you believe that a child under the age of 18 may have provided his or her information to us, please contact us using the contact information below.
If you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a list of the personal information we have shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year.
To exercise your rights, you can EMAIL US at HR@shiftgig.com or write to:
901 W Jackson Blvd, Suite 403
Chicago, IL 60607
Mention in your letter that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. We will respond within 30 days.
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at HR@shiftgig.com or by post to:
901 W Jackson Blvd, Suite 403
Chicago, IL 60607